Beginner/Lowercase Calligraphy with Lauren Essl of Blue Eye Brown Eye - 12/18: 6pm
If you've never picked up a calligraphy pen before, this is the class for you. Basic skills are introduced, such as dipping your pen in ink, understanding ink flow and pressure, basic script lowercase letter forms and developing your unique lettering style.
Lauren Essl is a Fort Worth native entrepreneur who started her calligraphy business in 2010 and has recently moved to Seattle, Washington. While we all miss her presence in Fort Worth, he has agreed to teach a small class her coveted calligraphy skills while she is in town visiting family for the holidays. You won't want to miss this special and intimate workshop!
Since its inception, Lauren's little dream has now grown into a full service studio, offering custom wedding invitations, day of event paper goods, calligraphy services and calligraphy classes. Her work has been featured on many notable publications and blogs such as Martha Steward Weddings, Style Me Pretty, 100 Layer Cake, designlovefest, The Knot Texas, 360 West Weddings and much more!
Lauren's rescue dog, a whippet-mix named Olive with one blue eye and one brown eye, is the inspiration behind the name of her business.
The class will be taught by Lauren and hosted by Gifted.
- 6pm - 9pm
- All materials and swag provided for this class: 1 oblique pen, 3 pointed pen nibs, pot of black ink, washi tape, tracing paper pad, practice alphabets, grids, several additional handouts, and extra goodies + surprises!
- Abundant snacks and beverages will be served due to the time of evening
- Recommended for any age group who has mastered normal hand writing
- Once you purchase the workshop, you will be contacted via the email provided during purchase regarding more details on the class
- Attendees will take home all swag listed above and the skills learned to continue their calligraphy practice
- Exclusive 20% off shopping at Gifted before and after the workshop