Ceramic Coiling Class - 07/18
We are excited to announce that we have brought community classes back for the first time since covid!
Come learn how to create a hand-built vase or creamer by local ceramist Kendall Davis. Kendall will teach the forming method of "coiling" which has been around for thousands of years. Coiling allows the artist to create thicker walls and therefore height with the vessels allowing for a sturdier piece.
After class, Kendall will take the pieces home to glaze and to fire in her kiln. Allow 3 weeks to pick them back up--free shipping available as well for any out of town guests.
Kendall Davis is a local potter living in Forth Worth. She has both a BFA and MFA in Fine Art. You can visit Kendall at her showroom in Fort Worth's historic Fairmount neighborhood.
***Wear something that can get dirty.
The class will be taught by Kendall Davis and hosted by Gifted.
- 2 - 5pm, Sunday: July 18th
- Students will make a coiled vase or creamer (however many can be made during the time allotted) that they will get to take home after fired
- All materials provided for this class
- No previous experience needed
- Generous afternoon snacks and adult/non-adult beverages will be served
- Recommended for ages 10+
- Once you purchase the workshop, you will be contacted a day before the class with details regarding the class
- Photos shown are just an example of the type of pieces you will learn to create (made by Kendall as a demo for the class)
- Attendees can pick up their pieces after Kendall glazes and fires them 3 weeks later--free shipping available for out of town guests as well
- Exclusive 20% off shopping at Gifted before and after the workshop