Gifted x Apolis Market Bag
Our exclusive collaboration with Apolis, a company that pays Fair Trade wages, annual profit dividends, and a retirement fund to the female artisans who handcraft this bag in Saidpur, Bangladesh. Not only does this bag do good for the world, but it is also made with enduring quality--it's strong enough to hold at least 135 pounds and has a waterproof interior that's easy to wipe clean.
This bag is resilient and reusable, so you can help keep single-use bags out of landfills; plus, it's made of natural jute fiber, which generates more oxygen than any other Bangladeshi crop.
Read this Forbes article to find out how this bag and Apolis' approach to business is changing people's lives.
- 13" w x 18" h x 8" d, with a 6" x 7" inside pocket
- 100% natural golden jute fiber harvested in Bangladesh
- 100% polyurethane waterproof lining
- Strong: Can hold at least 135 pounds
- Leather Straps: Reinforced by antique nickel rivets
- Exclusive Gifted x Apolis leatherette
- Factory Code: BD-LAT23.7099/LON90.4071
- Care Instructions: Spot clean, air dry
In 2004, brothers Raan and Shea Parton founded Apolis with a simple idea that business can create social change. Their travels abroad immersed them in personal stories of struggle and survival and inspired them to create a business model that bridges commerce and economic development. Along with their commitment to global advocacy, they also understand the importance of sourcing and manufacturing locally. Whether it means partnering with manufacturers in Uganda, Peru, Bangladesh, or around the corner in Los Angeles, the Partons have used their model of "advocacy through industry" to empower people to determine their own future.