Intro to Hand Building Ceramics - 10/28
Have you ever wanted to try making something from clay but didn't know where to start?
Come learn the basic techniques of hand building in clay at this workshop. Kendall will teach the forming method of "pinching" which is the earliest known method of forming clay. At least 3 different forms will be taught, a pinch pot, plate and spoon. After class Kendall will take the pieces home to glaze and to fire in her kiln. Allow 3 weeks to pick them back up--free shipping available as well for any out of town guests.
Kendall Davis is a local potter living in Forth Worth. She has both a BFA and MFA in Fine Art. You can visit Kendall at her store front on Magnolia Ave across from Melt Ice Creams.
***Wear something that can get dirty.
The class will be taught by Kendall Davis and hosted by Gifted.
- 3 - 5pm
- Students will make a pinch pot, plate and spoon that they will get to take home after fired
- All materials provided for this class
- No previous experience needed
- Afternoon snacks and beverages will be served
- Recommended for ages 10+
- Once you purchase the workshop, you will be contacted a day before the class with details regarding the class
- Photos shown are just an example of the type of pieces you will learn to create
- Attendees can pick up their pieces after Kendall glazes and fires them 3 weeks later--free shipping available for out of town guests as well
- Exclusive 20% off shopping at Gifted before and after the workshop