Chocolate Sticks - Hazelnut Dark Chocolate
Morito's signature chocolate stick. Balanced, nutty, and fruity profile in combination with the beautiful hazelnut flavor. Topped with roasted chopped hazelnut.
- Vegan, Gluten-free, Stone Ground, Zero preservatives
- Notes: Creamy, Nutty, Roasted, Warm caramel
- Covered in 70% Dark Chocolate
- Ingredients: Organic cacao beans, organic cacao butter, organic hazelnuts, organic sugar cane
- These chocolates are not suitable for anyone with peanut or tree nut allergies. Made in a facility that handles peanuts, sesame seeds and tree nuts.
- Store in a cool, dry place below 69F
Morito Chocolates is proud to be a female-owned company based in Brooklyn, N.Y.
They started out with an initiative of bringing something different to the market; a vegan, organic, gluten-free chocolate stick without preservatives, produced in small batches.
Morito carefully sources their ingredients and makes their chocolate couverture, butternuts, and seeds from scratch. Their cacao is purchased through a third party vendor that practices a values-driven sourcing model by buying cacao directly from cooperatives and grower organizations. By cutting out the middleman in the conventional supply chain, Morito ensures more revenue goes to the growers.
Morito uses cacao from Oko-Caribe, a co-op located in the village of Pimentel in San Francisco de Macoris in the Dominican Republic. The Dominican Republic is known for their delicious cacao. In fact, it supplies the majority of organically cultivated cacao to the world. At Oko-Caribe, both quality and community are of the utmost importance. The fermentary is committed to supplying a consistently superior quality of cacao, all while supporting the farmers and their families that make the product possible.
At Morito Chocolates, they are dedicated to taking the word handcrafted seriously, and they honor it in a way that is environmentally and socially responsible.