RIVSALT - The Kitchen Large Himalayan Rock Salt Set
KITCHEN brings you the renowned “RIVSALT gastronomic experience” into your food preparation area. Perfectly shaped Himalayan salt crystals are grated with the big and functional, yet beautiful, stainless steel grater. A grand natural oak wood board serves as a great stand and easily holds up to four additional salt rocks.
This RIVSALT product includes a Japanese style grater, a Himalaya salt rock and a desk stand made from untreated natural oak, all delivered in an attractive cardboard gift box.
Essential. Enigmatic material, salt is indispensable on the table, so common that we forget it except when the superstition requires not to pass it from hand to hand or to throw a pinch of it behind our shoulders when pouring. Apotropaic gestures, which basically tell us how mysterious salt is. So why not add to these ancient rituals a more current, cheerful one: grate the salt! A gastronomic exercise but also manual, visual and olfactory. Rivsalt is a new way of giving flavor to our dishes. It is a table sculpture, with a solid oak base. But it is also, above all, a new gesture full of flavor, which brings into play all the senses, and perhaps even a sixth, that of amazement.
- Includes Himalaya salt rock, desk stand made from untreated natural oak, and Japanese style grater
- Grater: 20 cm (height) x 10.35 cm (width) x 0.15 cm (thickness)
- Desk stand: 22 cm (height) x 10.5 cm(width) x 2 cm (thickness) Manufactured out of FSC-certified oak wood
- Himalayan Salt Rock: Irregular dimension, but always above 80g
- NOTE: your RIVSALT grater is comparable to a quality chef’s knife. To keep it sharp, shiny and rust free wash your RIVSALT grater by hand regularly using a mild dishwashing liquid and water. Use a brush to remove loose salt and dirt. After washing, rinse with water and dry thoroughly with a towel. The RIVSALT grater should not be put in the dishwasher. Doing so could damage the sharp edges. Please be aware that during hot weather and high humidity it is necessary to care a little extra for your RIVSALT and clean your grater more regularly.
The RIVSALT product range is designed by Swedish entrepreneur and designer Jens Sandringer. Jens came up with the concept while dining at a Japanese Teppanyaki restaurant in Beijing, where the master chef grated salt over the dishes using a large grater and big salt rock. A unique experience which sparked the initial product idea complementing the rise of Scandinavian foodie and design trends. The original RIVSALT product was launched in Sweden in 2013.
Born from a large number of prototypes, first in cardboard then in wood and metal, initial design thoughts were all about creating a dining table centerpiece. Consequently, size and product simplicity were the two most important elements in the process. Beautiful, so that it would stay on the dining table as a design object, simple enough so that folks immediately would understand, talk about it and finally enjoy testing the gastronomic experience.